Monday, March 1, 2010

Dirty Diapers vs Pulling a Calf.....really??

How is it that my husband has no problem putting his hand up inside a cow to pull out a calf, however he will do just about anything to get out of changing his son's poopy diaper??

Last week he flat out LIED to me by saying he had just changed a nasty diaper. To bad for him that he didnt bother to eliminate the evidence so when I did change the real nasty diaper, I managed to call him out on his LIE.....which the silly boy attempted to keep going until I reminded him that if he felt it necessary to LIE he needed to be smart enough to burn the evidence.

Score one for Momma.

Yes, he will be holding Sage, notice the smell and then suddenly have to go outside and check on the cows or feed hay. I know IMMEDIATELY something is up when instead of putting him on the floor to play, he hands him to me.

He also is not above just staring at me until I take him....or waiting until I get up and then handing him over to me...knowing that I am the adult in the relationship when it comes to dirty diapers and will change it.

He even went as far as to allow our 7 year old to attempt to change a dirty diaper in the effort to get out of having to do it himself. That one back fired as soon as she opened his diaper and ran screaming out of the room.....gone.

Score two for Momma. (thanks Pippa!)

I do want to say that he is a FANTASTIC father! He wouldnt let him sit in a dirty diaper....at least, he hasnt yet. This is when the game begins...because he knows that I am on to him so he has to get more and more creative to try and get out of changing the diaper. He is good, I will give him that. But I am better :-)

I will say that he has changed a diaper so bad he likened it to Chernobyl, in the middle of the night, however he did wake me up during the process to tell me about it. Like he wanted a medal or "something".

No the "something" wasnt that.....the "something" was for me to get up and do it for him....not gonna happen my friend.

Really...I would have to say that I think pulling a calf would be way worse when you consider it seems to happen most at night, in a muddy mess of a calving lot, with a momma who is not nearly as interested in having you help her as she is in taking off your head. Lets not forget all the gross-ness that is included with putting you hand up the rear end of a cow, grabbing the calf and, well....you can figure it out from there.

Sorry, I fail to see where changing a poopy diaper is a worse fate then pulling a calf however during this time of the year, I will humor him because, well, its calving and it can be a rough few months for him. Once calving is over, its game on. And if he will consider that Sage and I are bonding for the next 2 months over ways to plot agianst him, he will know that he is screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment