Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Baby #3 update

I really wish I had kept writing during my pregnancy for Sage. Especially when this got crazy at the end. There is so much that I wish I rememebered. Not necessarily good stuff, but still, it was a major moment in my life and I wish I had a better memory of what went on.

Thanks to that, I am determined to keep up this time around. Hopefully that means it will be a boring and uneventful pregnancy.

So far, 11 weeks 6 days (on march 17) and doing great. If I hadnt seen the ultrasound last week I wouldnt even think I was pregnant!

Had my doc appt yesterday and he said that even if things are perfect throughout the entire pregnancy, he wont let me go past 39 weeks. Whoohoo.....knocking the time off left and right!!!

I am back on my happy pills though. With the depression I had with both Sage and Piper, I made the decision that I wasnt going to pretend that I wasnt prone to PPD. Why mess around with it? Do I wear it as a badge of honor.....no. But I am not going to hide behind some stigma that post partum depression makes me a bad mom. It doesnt. Its makes me overwhelmed. It makes me cranky and teary. It makes me want to do everything for everyone and be super mom when I cant. Thinking that I can make it through this without help for PPD....i feel that would make me a bad mom.

My doc also said that pre-eclampsia in a second pregnancy is very rare. That being said its also rare for someone to become severe pre-eclamptic as quickly as I did so he "isnt placing any bets against" me. Thats comforting.

So far, blood pressure is great (108/72), weight is fine (well, at least that what they tell me...I beg to differ), and all looks good.

Here to the second trimester going as quickly as the first one did. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment