Saturday, May 1, 2010

Oh Daddy!


All momma's know that getting you kiddos into a routine is essential and at times, close to impossible. Just when you get them focused something (or someone) comes along and messes it all up.
Or in their words "helping".
Hubby is a huge help, I wont even pretend for the sake of my blog that he is anything but a great daddy! He gets up with him when he knows I am exhausted or having trouble sleeping. He plays with him all the time, gives baths, even changes his fair share of non-poopy diapers....he is great with Little Man. Which is why I didnt think having him feed Little Man his dinner/supper a few nights ago would be a big deal.
Apparently he needed more instuction then "1 tbsp of cereal mixed with formula and 1 container of baby food, he will eat it all". Then I left to go pick up Stinkerbell. Came home, everything is gone, everyone is happy and life is good.
Fast forward to the following day....I followed the same steps I had instructed hubby with however this time....Little Man refused. He refused everything. He spit it out all over his high chair and me (he is getting good at aiming for my glasses). I couldnt figure out what was wrong....he was hungry as he wanted to eat, he would just spit out all his cereal. Was it to hot? No, temp was good....was it to thick?....Nope...same as always. Did it taste funny?...it always tastes funny but not worse then normal. As I am sitting there begging my 5 month old to tell me what was wrong by using his indoor voice and nice words, in comes hubby. He takes one look at the disaster that is me attempting to feed Little Man and he says "you dont mix them together?"
Hmmm, well....lets try that and VOILA...we have a happy, hungry Little Man.
It isnt a big deal by any means. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a "winging it" kinda girl. Whatever works is what we go with so mixing his food and cereal is good with me. However it was not included in the instructions I left with daddio therefore it was not on the top of my list of things to try. Leave them alone for a few minutes of guy bonding time and it results in a 25 minute ordeal that resulted in my tasting the baby cereal.
I can promise you that after tasting it I wouldnt eat that junk either without mixing it with something else! YUCK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment