Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I am THAT mom

Its official. I am THAT mom. THAT mom of THAT child. You know...the child who screams on the airplane for 2 hours and 13 minutes out of a 2 hour and 33 minute flight.

Yep, that was me.

I did it to myself. When the nice lady who was traveling with her 3 month old daughter asked "does he travel well?" I should have said "nope...he is a holy terror" but oh no...I said "yes, he is great!".

Me and my big mouth.

He was so good on the last flight...it was only 2 months ago...what happened to my agreeable, snuggly baby boy?? I must have left him in Nebraska cause he sure didnt make the flight with me.

Maybe something happened to him in security....maybe something in the screening process fried the agreeable genes and left me with his evil twin.

I mean he found new levels in his voice that didnt know a boy could hit. Even a boy child shouldnt be able to scream at that pitch. I hope there weren't any small animals in cargo cause he probably caused them much pain.

Mariah Carey has trouble reaching those notes!!

Oh my I tried everything....I had extra bottles and he took them all within 45 minutes of the flight. I gave him tylenol TWICE, didnt work. I rocked, I begged, I PLEADED. I even promised him a pony but that didnt work.

Thankfully the plane was full of kids and many of them were making noise. Of course, for Little Man this was a competition. And he wasnt going down without a fight. A LOUD fight.

He won.

Yes, another Mom O' the Year day for me...keep me posted friends on the blog world and if anyone posts anything about the obnoxious child on Frontier Flight 222 into Detroit on May 18th please let me know....I need to send an apology letter.

And somehow prepare myself for the return flight on Saturday....oy!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, I am so sorry! I read a quote the other day somewhere that said "no one thinks your kid is as loud as you do..." So, maybe no one noticed ;)

    Cooper through a unholy fit in Border's yesterday...the back of my neck was turning hot and I'm sure it was from everyone's death glare...

    It happens to us all!

    ReplyDelete