Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Baby #3 update

The update on baby #3 is that their big brother stole the show at the doctors office. Yeppers, Sage had his flirty face going big time this morning as he attempted to charm his way out of his car seat and into the arms of anyone who was willing to rescue him.

Seriously....I spent more time talking about Sage, who our doctor and nurse see all to often lately because of me and my "issues", then we did talking about the reason for my appt which was baby #3.

Here is the jist of the appt (post Sage Rage):
Dr. M: Anything you want to talk about?
Me: Can you increase my Welbutrin?
Dr. M: Why (giving me that look)?
Me: Well I realized that I am on a lower dose then last time and I can tell the difference. So can my husband.
Dr. M: Done...anything else?
Me: Nope, I am good.

Now this is where it gets interesting. You need to know my doc to really get the visual...he is about 6'3" and reminds me alot of House. You know...the incredibly frank, outspoken and subtle doctor on television. Well Dr. M isnt nearly as rude (at least to me) but he is as subtle and to the point as a person can get and I really like him. Anyway....

Dr. M: (sideways glance which tells me he is starting to tred in murky waters but he is going to do it anyway) I know its early to talk about this but have you.....thought about....birth control...."
Me: (cutting him off) you mean the permanment kind right? We talked about this? Did you forget already....one of us is getting permanently fixed." (how can he forget these things...my kids will be 11 months apart...OF COURSE I thought about birth control!!)
Dr. M: Ok, well I thought you said something about it before but it was an emotional time and I....
Me: Doc...it was probably the only rational thing that did come out of my mouth in that week/month after finding out.
Dr. M: OK, just checking to make sure.
Me: Dont worry, I will remind you again.
Dr. M: I am sure you will.

We did do important stuff like check the heartbeat (good and strong) and measure my increasing size (good and growing...YUCK!!!) and we did schedule the Ultrasound for Monday morning! That is exciting and Stinkerbell will be accompanying me on this one. Hubby has to go to a branding and wont be able to get out of it (unless Mother Nature actually gives us rain when we want, but that never happens) and she really wants to go. Next time I post I should be able to say if we are Team Pink or Team Blue.

Knowing our luck, we will stay Team Green...my kids have a way of making life interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment