Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 6

Day 6 of being the mommy to 3 and so far we have all survived!!






Piper - she is doing great, love loves LOVES her "littlest" baby brother and is a fantastic help with her "bigger" baby brother. She baby-sat for me once (while Brannon was sleeping) so I could take a shower. She may need a little work in that department because Sage ended up in the bathroom with me while she watched cartoons but hey, it was the thought that counts!








Sage - he is having a tougher time then I thought he would. Suddenly there is some serious seperation anxiety and I dont know if it has more to do with the fact that Shawn and I were gone for a few days or if its having a new baby in the house. I think its more us being gone because he really doesnt pay much attention to the baby but he is stuck like glue to us. I love it because for so long I wasnt able to do those things with him because it was to hard to lift him and wrestle him but now I can do more and more of that stuff. Minus the fact that his little feet and knees always find their way to my incision, ouch!











Brannon - such a good baby!! He had his nights and days mixed up for a few days but I think we may have solved that issue. Shawn and I are used to Sage who was in the NICU for 2 weeks so he was on a set schedule and routine when he finally came home. Plus we had 2 weeks to recover from having him before we had to jump back into night feeds and being up at night. Brannon we didnt get that plus add in another child and a post delivery surgery and things were a little rough. But we are doing better now, everyday I feel better so I can do much more with him.






As of now, he eats every 2.5-3 hours, is awake for 30 minutes to an hour after he eats and is back to sleep for 2-3 hours. Not quite the sleeping span I was hoping for but thats me and my happy world where kids come out sleeping 12 hours a night. I keep forgetting that while both of mine do that, they were several weeks old, not days, when we got to that point. Patience, Tara, patience!!!





Shawn and I - we are doing good....TIRED but good. Im really kinda amazed at how quickly we adjusted to having a 3rd child in the house. We are a good team, we always have been and he is such a wonderful, supportive husband that I dont have to ask him to help me. He knew that I was having trouble getting and standig because of the surgery so he just did it. He wrestled Sage and let me rest. There are days he cant be here to help which at first was kinda scary and hard but it was good for me to do it. Didnt hurt that I called Katie to come and hang out with me for the afternoon so I wasnt alone with the kiddos. And I sent Sage to Grandma's house for the day also. OK, so that was a hard day but thanks to a pep talk from a good friend telling me not to be super mom because Im not, she wasnt, none of us are and to give myself a break, I felt alot better.






No comments:

Post a Comment