Monday, September 13, 2010

Typical Me

Today was supposed to start out with a quick and easy run to town for a doctors appointment. I got up before my alarm, had breakfast made, ok, well I had the Pop Tarts out of the package and warmed up before Piper asked for them. Sage was in a good mood so we were all good. We left the house ON TIME, which rarely ever happens, and this is the first time with all 3 of us leaving the house.

Once again I had a list of things to pick up and BROUGHT IT WITH ME.....WHOOHOOO!!!!!!

My doctors appointment went well. To well....my blood pressure was great. So great that my doctors doesnt see a need to induce me earlier then September 27. I know its only a few extra days but really, I am so tired of being pregnant, and I hurt all over, and I just want to get back to feeling like myself that I was really looking forward to having the baby a little early.

So I took my semi-distraught attitude and did what any good pregnant chick out do. I went shopping.

Pulled into the parking lot, got the car, Sager loaded into the cart and started walking into the store just in time to come face to face with a 3 foot bull snake. In the parking lot. I didnt really have a choice but to walk around/near him and when I informed the employee on a smoke break in the outdoor flower section (nice) about it, she said "again, we just moved him a few minutes ago." Well he was back and another reason for permanment relocation.

Got all my shopping done, didnt forget a single thing. I actually remembered a couple things that were not on my list but I knew we needed.....so proud of myself!!

Sage was a little fussy so I wanted to open the new $1.99 toy key chain I just bought him to keep him entertained for the last errand and our trip home. This was when my day got worse.....when the knife I was using to cute the stupid zip tie off of the back of the $1.99 toy, slipped and went into my finger. The blood gushed good, which I expected because finger cuts always bleed really bad. I was not prepared for the flap of skin and grossness found below the flap of skin.

Long story short, my go-to RN (aka, sister in law) was in town and I had her check it out and made the decision to have someone look at it, just to be sure.

Of course, my doctor was the ONLY one with an opening at that time. Not the on-call doc, not a PA but my doc who I knew was going to give me a serious load of you-know-what because of this little incident. And the fact that I had just left his office an hour before.

He glued my finger back together, laughing the whole time (Im so happy I can keep him entertaind) and told me to "behave, not mess with knives"...sounds just like my husband.

So all before noon I was told I wont have this baby anytime soon, faced a stupid snake in a store parking lot and attempted to cut my finger off.

Its safe to say, I am better off staying home for the remainder of the day. Its safer for all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment