Saturday, September 25, 2010

He is HERE!!!

Introducing Brannon Garnet Hanna!! He made his appearance on September 21 @341am. He was 7lbs 7oz and 20 inches long. A few days early but great size and doing wonderfully!!

Here is the scoop. I have been feeling like crap for awhile now. The short version of numerous doctors appointments and those feelings was that the pre-eclampsia was coming back. Kinda what I figured and really expected to have happen. We were just very VERY happy that this time it reared its nasty little head at 37 weeks instead of 30 weeks.

On Monday morning, September 20, I just feel terrible. I had been having MASSIVE swelling in my feet and hands, which are tell-tale signs, plus a headache and then I had some spots in my eyes. All of which are symptons of PE. Took my blood pressure and it was, well the lowest that day was 137/99 and the highest (when we went to the doc) was 146/106. Needless to say we didnt think we would be leaving the hospital without a baby. Especially after I told the doctors just that.

The plan was to admit me that afternoon (around 2pm) and get my blood pressure under control to start. That night, we would start getting my cervix ready to induce on tuesday morning. Of course, Im 10 days before my due date with baby #3 and I was dialited to 1. So basicially not dialated at all. When its baby #3 and your that close to your due date, anything less then 5 means your not dialiated. In my opinion.

Anyway, checked into our room and at 8pm, I got the first dose of cytoteck, which basically kicks the cervix into gear and gets things ready to go. In some cases, it can trigger labor and thankfully that is exactly what happened for us!!!!

The second dose was due at 11pm, and when the nurse gave it to me, my water broke as well. Things got rolling and Brannon was born at 341am. Just about 8 hours after the first dose of cytoteck.

No, I did not have an epidural but I did get a couple doses of NuBain. Shawn was amazing!! Waaaay better then with Sage. This time around he had an idea of what to expect and while it went fast this time also, not nearly as fast as with Sage. He actually helped me count and I didnt have to drag him out of the chair to hold my hand. He was exactly what I needed, my rock, which he always has been and always will be.

The day after we did choose to have my tubal ligation so I am offically OUT of my child having days. I did not have to have a spinal, I had general anesthesia and am very happy overall. Im incredibly sore, more sore from the surgery then delivery but getting better everyday.

I am starting to get the balance between 3 kids, especially the little 2. Sage is doing great, but he wasnt nothing to do with me when I have Brannon. As soon as I put his brother down, he will come over and say HI. He will get used to him, it just takes time.

So thats the scoop. Im feeling much better today but that could be because both of them are sleeping right now and I got them down by myself!! I wouldnt think that would feel like such an accomplishment except for the 2 inch incision and sutures that are located exactly the same place my 10 month old loves to kick.

I am so looking forward to the rest of my life with my kiddos and my husband.








1 comment: