Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Out of the mouth of babes

My daughter is a witty child. Im not 100% positive where she gets it from because I am not usually called "witty"...I am typically a "smart-ass" but I think that is just the adult version of "witty".

Anyway, sometimes the most R-A-N-D-O-M things come out of her mouth.

Last year, her reply to asking "what would you like for christmas?" was "magical powers" and as a back up "a limo." I guess thats what you ask for when you already have a pony.

Last weekend as we were driving down to her soccer game she informed us that "it was really weird, this song came on my iPod and it made my socks get tighter."

Hmmmmmm.....

This morning, things went like this....

"MOM!!!!!! Look at my finger" (yes, YELLING and panicked while we were driving to school, so she was sitting right next to me).
"Why?"
"There is something wrong with it" She proceeds to put her finger right in front of my face.
"Could it possibly wait till I am not driving around a corner and directly into the sun?"
"No"
"Is it going to fall off?"
"I dont know" Clearly her "wit" does not comprehend my "smart ass"
"I dont think its going to fall off."
"I know whats wrong with it." Very reserved and defeated
"What?" Oh boy.....
"Im turning into an alligator."

Ummmm.....yeah.

1 comment: