Thursday, February 25, 2010

GO KELLOGG!!! - repost

Again - repost from MySpace blog (You can now add Tiger Woods to this posting...just toss in his name where you feel necessary)

Originally posted February 11, 2009

Disclaimer: My rant today doesnt involve me at all except it got me all fired up. That isnt an especially difficult task but still...I am fired up. Dont comment back to me and complain about what I write. Its my opinion on my blog. Dont like it. Dont read it.

On the news this morning it was reported that more people have contacted Kelloggs Company COMPLAINING about them NOT renewing their with Michael Phelps then called complaining about the salmonella contamination that has lead to 400 people in several states being sick, several of those hospitalized. More people are pissed off that the over grown hobbit looking troll of a golden boy got busted for breaking the law then they are about people being hospitalized because of food poisioning.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTY!!!!!!!!

Where are the role models? Where are the heros? Oh yea...they just got laid off from their jobs because of a bad economy. The phrase I keep hearing over and over is "He (Michael) didnt sign up to be a roll model." BULLSHIT. When you get into an event like the Olympics as a favored athlete from a favorite country, looking to break every record you shattered the last time you were there, then you have to, at some point in time, take into consideration that you are moving to a level where you will become a role model. Dont use the excuse "I didnt ask for this" to break the law and ask like a jackass. If you want the glory of being the best athelete EVER in your sport, then hold yourself to the standards that accompy that title. I applaud Kellogg for holding up their standards. Really...it isnt that tough to NOT SMOKE POT!!! Just say NO. Dare class 101. Maybe Michael missed that class cause he was in the pool. Who the hell knows. All I know is that kids across the WORLD are now looking at their role model, their HERO as a pot smoking fool dating a stripper from Vegas. Nice.Between A-Rod (and the rest of them), Michael Vick, Plaxico Burress, T.O. (I wont even get started on him....grrrrr), Sean Avery,

WHERE ARE THE HEROS??? WHERE ARE THE ROLE MODELS??

The kids dont have people to look up to. Its sad. Very sad.Now, I am off to write Kellogg a letter supporting their decision to dump troll boy. Someone has to maintain their standards and intergrity....apparently those are big words that Mr. Phelps doesnt understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment