Monday, December 14, 2009

Santa and Coyotes


What a crazy weekend in the Hanna household!! Oh my, I needed Monday to come so that things kinda got back to normal.


I use the term "normal" very loosely.


Friday: scouting for deer/shooting at coyotes (he missed), dinner with the fam at the bar and home.


Saturday: Santa pancake supper in town. This could have been extrememly traumatic because Piper is terrified of Santa however since her baby brother was such a big boy she sucked it up and went to talk to Santa. Should Imention she wouldnt go over there until Sage did first.....I dont know, maybe she was waiting to see if Santa would eat Sage or not. Trust my child (the little one) to be the one to get his fingers wrapped into Santa's beard..that was close but managed to keep Santa's secret :-)


Sunday: Jaycen James Hanna is 2 (and every bit of it) and his birthday party was Sunday. It was fun, great food and good times with family. Jayce is cute as can be and an ornery little shit to boot!


On our way home I was thinking what an uneventful say Sunday was compared to Friday and Saturday (which really werent that eventful, Sunday was just that boring).


I spoke 3 minutes to soon......


The dogs were FLIPPING OUT which isnt really anything that new, but they didnt stop when we yelled at them. Junior was off in the back so I thought he was chasing deer and Husker, well, Husker is a big fat baby unless its a cow to chase, so he was standing on the driveway barking in the direction of where I assumed Junior was. We walked up the drive and heard some banging and thought the deer were beside the house and knocked into something (we have a heard of about 40 Mule deer that hang out in my yard every night) so we went inside and looked through the windows.


Nothing.


Husker was still barking and looking at the roof so I called to Shawn, who thought it was a cat. I went out to look and it wasnt a cat.


Mr. Coyote was looking back at me.


The back of my house is an A-frame and I am guessing the dogs chased him up there (thankfully they forgot that they also know how to climb up there....which landed Husker in my kitchen when he fell through the window during one of his trips up there...so he didnt forget...he knew better then to go) and there he was.


Shawn took care of him and he is now in the back of the pickup. Piper is learning first hand about the circle of life out here and how sometimes that circle involves humans. She actually handled it really well and came outside to see it after he was dead. He had mange badly so now she tells everyone "if you see a coyote without hair on his tail or legs, shoot him because he is sick."


Dont believe me...check out the pictures ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment