Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Christmas List




I would like to share with you a conversation between my 7 year old daughter and myself that occured during the drive to school this morning:

Mom: "Piper, I need your Christmas List so I can start working on it."
Piper: "I want stuff for my American Girl dolls."
Mom: "OK, I think we can handle that."
Piper: "But that isnt all I want."
Mom: "Ok, what else?"
Piper: "I want Magical Powers."
Mom (attempting not to drive off the road): "Magical Powers?"
Piper: "Yes, Magical Powers."
Mom (apprehensively): "OK, and what would you like to do with these Magical Powers?"
Piper: "Fly around the school and fly to the high school to meet my friends there."
Mom (relieved she isnt after world power....yet): "Alright, well I will work on that but if I cant, is there something else that you would like?"
Piper: "Yes, I want a Limo."

Upon conclusion of this conversation and a quick kiss and hug goodbye at school, I promptly drive to the store and purchased a cappuccino. Its official, my children have driven me to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment