Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Chrismtas Spirit.....less

Seems like everytime I log into facebook or myspace (yes, I do still check that) someone has a status that has something to do with getting ready for Christmas. I would venture to guess that half of my friends have their outdoor lights up, their yards decorated and the other half have their trees done, while most of them have their shopping at least 75% done.

I have done none of the above. We dont put lights on the house because no one would really be able to see it. We have a few neighbors, but with the trees in the front yard, and the fact that very few people drive past my house at night...whats the point. We cant put yard decorations out because Shawn doesnt trust Husker. I do and I contemplated putting a small team of movable reindeer and a sleigh out front but then, of course, I would find Husker going after the reindeers antlers or sleeping in the sleigh, or both. I would hate for Shawn to be right so I wont even attempt it.

That is kinda the same thought process I have for shopping also...I dont like to do it, so I tend to put it off as long as possible.

Maybe its the baby blues, maybes its knowing that Piper will be gone for 2 weeks over Christmas, or that its my first Christmans without my parents. Maybe its shopping for gifts when for the first time in 14 years, I dont have an income. Most likely its a combination of all of the above. Regardless, I just cant seem to get into the Christmas spirit this year. Hopefully this weekend I will snap out of it and get some shopping done, and we plan on putting our tree up this weekend. I am trying to not be grinchy, I just may not be Mrs. Claus either. Which is ok I guess.....red isnt exactly my color.

No comments:

Post a Comment