Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sage - 1 My nose - 0

Parenting is rough work. Its a serious loss of sleep, stress wondering why he is crying when he is dry and full. Its forgetting the wipes for the diaper bag and not being prepared for the diaper explosion or the puke-fest.

No one prepares you for the physical damage that they can do. I am not talking about gaining 70lbs or the banging of my head on the wall because I cant fit into my jeans. No, I am talking about my newly acquired broken nose.

Those of you without children are asking "how can you break your nose while holding a 8 week old baby?"

Those of you with children know how dangerous their head butts can be.

Sage cracked me in the nose a week ago, resulting in a bump, its changing color and it hurts to blow my nose (which isnt any fun when I have a sinus infection).

So my son has claimed his first victory.....over my nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment