Friday, October 15, 2010

C25K - Week 1 Day 1

I am facing my dread of running head on!!

Lets face it, runners have the best legs and if I want runners legs and a runners booty, deductive reasoning says I need to start running.

The Couch to 5K program http://www.fromcouchto5k.com/ is the roadmap that I am using to accomplish my goal. I am even dragging my little brother along for the ride with me!
Week 1, Day 1 consisted of 60 seconds of jogging followed by 90 seconds of fast paced walking, for 20 minutes. I felt like I was going to keel over at any time (mostly during the 60 seconds of jogging) but I didnt and I got it done and I feel great!!!

The plan is that we will run our first 5K together next year. There is one in town for our county fair next August but there are several in Denver in the spring and summer. Since he lives there, its easy for me to get there to enter races.

My motivation is to be healthier, and happy with how I look. I know what I am capable of doing and capable of looking and I am going to get back there.

My other motivation are these:


And these:

No comments:

Post a Comment