Sunday, August 8, 2010

Infestation


Grasshoppers. That our infestation. A real infestation, not the kinda I invent in my head when I think there may be a snake in the front yard but I am convinced there are hundreds of them out there.
I mean, THOUSANDS of grasshoppers. Don't believe me....check out the picture....thats a very small portion of the recently departed critters in my front yard. Hubby sprayed for them again this morning and now, they are dead. The ground literally looked like it was moving before. Now I have thousands of little critter corpses but hey, Im ok with that. Especially after being covered in grasshopper guts while weed-wacking around my flower bed yesterday.
They eat everything. Well so far, everything but weeds (of course). Including our alfalfa, potatos, tomatos, you name it, they will eat it. Then after we make that list we can talk about the grasshopper guts I had in my mail because one got smashed in the mailbox. The ones who made it into my car before I remember to shoot the windows (that was early on in the invasion). They have no purpose here....they must go.
And they did.
RIP little critters. You will NOT be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment